> About EFNNMA
> Election procedures
EUROPEAN FORUM OF NATIONAL NURSING AND MIDWIFERY ASSOCIATIONS
Election procedure for EFNNMA honorary officers
and steering committee members
Revised 2 March 2017 by EFNNMA Plenary
- The election should be announced by 30 June of the year before the Plenary.
The actual election procedure should have a three month lead in period.
The procedure is as follows: a call for steering committee members is made through member associations by the chair.
Within 6 weeks any member association may nominate a candidate for the SC by submitting a document with the name of its nominee, signed by the associations’ president, and a short biography of maximum 200 words.
- Each association has the right to nominate one person per election.
- Voting will take place during the Plenary.
- No postal votes will be accepted. The only way of voting is by presence of the association representative, who will be identified with a voting card. There is the possibility to use a proxy as defined in the Operational Principles.
- Only member associations who have paid their fees have the right to nominate their representatives to the SC and to vote during the elections.
- Associations have one vote per Steering Committee position vacant during the election.
- Two polling officers will be appointed by the Plenary.
- The ballot form must contain the list of names of persons standing for election.
- The vote is cast by secret ballot.
- The term of office is 4 years and there is a maximum of 2 terms.
- The elections for Chair and SC members are by majority vote.
- In the event of only members of a profession, be it nurse or midwife, are elected or present at the steering committee at a given moment, another of the absent profession should be co-opted to fill the quota of at least two members of a profession on the steering committee, in which case the number of members would increase with one. The co-option process shall be led by the chairperson.