March 24-25, 2021 - Meeting of Nursing and Midwifery Representatives in the WHO European Region
The next Meeting of Government Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officers, National Nursing and Midwifery Associations and WHO Collaborating Centres for Nursing and Midwifery in the WHO European Region.
The meeting will take place over the course of two days on Wednesday March 24th and Thursday March 25th, 2021 from 9.00- 14.00 CET (Copenhagen time).
The meeting will take place virtually on zoom. Registration details have been sent to EFNNMA member associations directly.
The overall purpose of the meeting will be to move forward with the implementation of the Global Strategic Directions for Nursing and Midwifery (GSDNM) (current drafts re-attached) in the WHO European Region and to discuss how we can strengthen nursing and midwifery towards achieving theEuropean Programme of Work: United Action for Better Health(EPW 13), adopted by all WHO European Member States at the 70th session of the Regional Committee in September 2020.
Specific objectives of the meeting in March include:
- To review progress in strengthening nursing and midwifery in the WHO European Region;
- To discuss current priorities, new challenges and opportunities to strengthen Nursing and Midwifery in the WHO European Region;
- To agree on priority areas to focus on in a Roadmap for implementing the GSDNM in the WHO European Region and maximizing progress towards achieving the objectives of the EPW-13.
Specific outcomes of the meeting will include:
- To establish a steering committee to guide the development of a Roadmap for implementing the GSDNM in the WHO European Region;
- To begin the development of the Roadmap for implementing the GSDNM in the WHO European Region
Back to news list